Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Houndstooth on the Portside

My house smells like beer. No, not because I've had a gathering or a party but because I knocked a full, unopened beer off the counter. It smashed and spread all over the place. I cleaned it up with my SHAMWOW! getting a sliver of glass stuck in my hand in the process. I live the glamourous life.

Before this happened I was dressed awfully funkily if I do say so myself.

November 8

Dress: Shabby Apple
Belt: Scarf from Value Village
Underskirt: Smart Set
Shoes: Fluevog On Course | Portside


This dress is nice but rather poorly made. The button holes have loose threads and the buttons aren't spaced quite right so it doesn't lay flat. Too bad.












The shoes, on the other hand, are amazing. Both modern and retro the Portside is the coolest Fluevog ever. I got these in Montreal last month and I'm glad I had the opportunity to try them on before buying them. I am either a 7.5 or 8 in Fluevogs and I probably would have ordered these in an 8 but it turns out needed the 7.5. The larger size slipped on my heel too much making for difficult walking. They are quite high but the platform makes them less awkward. They're actually quite comfortable.

The belt is a sequin scarf that I picked up at Value Village for $2.00.

I felt very cute and flouncy today.

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous dress, and whoa! Kick Ass shoes. Fluevog makes some of the best shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those fluevogs are awesome. cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my god, those are amazing Fluevogs! Love them!

    I like the style of the dress and love the layered underskirt.

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete