Saturday, November 5, 2011

Stripes and polka dots

The black and white palate continued through to the end of the week.

November 3







Dress: Etsy
Necklace: Pretty Chic in Guelph Ontario
Tights: Simons in Montreal
Boots: Fluevog Xie Xie

I really like these boots but I've had them in my closet and they got hidden by my long dresses and skirts. I'll have to move them elsewhere so I'll remember to wear them more often.







I also like tights with vertical stripes. When I saw these at Simons department store in Montreal I snapped them up.










November 4

Friday is casual day. I'm not a jeans and t-shirt kind of a gal so I usually wear cropped jeans with a blousey top. I paired this with a polka-dot sweater and some striped trouser socks.

Sweater: remixed (Pretty Things Boutique)
Top: remixed (some store in Paris)
Jeans: remixed (trapperjane.etsy.com)
Belt: H&M
Shoes: remixed (Urban Outfitters in Las Vegas)
Socks: Joe Fresh

I've been thinking about twitter recently. I've been on it for about 2 years and it's a strange thing. I like using it to get news and information from around the world and to keep up with my friends. What I find strange about it is the false belief that you can have a conversation with famous people. For example, if you're following someone you admire who has tens of thousands of followers, any reply you might make to their tweets is likely to get lost in the din of responses they get.

Famous tweeter: I love bananas and am eating them on my pancakes.
Responder 1: I LOVE YOU AND WOULD LOVE TO EAT YOUR BANANA!
Responder 2: Why don't you tour in Australia!? I hate you!
Responder 3: I just had a shower and thogt of you the hole time.
Responder 4: I'm a banana grower. Will you promote my bananas?
Responder 5: Pancakes suck. I can't believ you don't eat waffles. I don't like you anymore.
Responder 6: I'm a dirty gurl. Cum be durty with me.......
Responder 7: Can I get a RT? My mother has lip fungus and I'm raising awareness to the Lip fungus charity.
Me: Do you use maple syrup or fake syrup?

I'm not sure why people try to engage in conversation. Do you follow famous people on twitter? Any luck making a connection?

2 comments:

  1. I once told Billy Bush he should stop using Michael Jackson's death to self-promote because he kept posting pics of him & MJ and then he DMed me saying "here's another one" and tweeted ANOTHER pic of the both of them. what a dick haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welllll... I follow you and you sometimes respond to my tweets. :)

    ReplyDelete