Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Optical Illusion dress

I bought this dress about a month ago from the same Etsy seller from whom that I bought the Jean Paul Gaultier jacket. When I saw it on Etsy I thought it was so unique and so beautiful and when it arrived I was thrilled with it. And it fit!




Dress: SORA Couture Dessin - from the 1970s (Etsy)
Shoes: Fluevog Teapots | Sencha

I really wanted to wear this before the spring so today, when the weather report called for milder temperatures and sun, I took a risk that I wouldn't freeze too much in it.

I love the funky, illusion pattern on the bodice and the hem. I've never seen anything like it. It also has a retro-feel, older than the 1970s so I thought these t-bar shoes were a good choice to take this dress back in time - giving it a 1920s feel. 

Shoes: Fluevog Teapots | Sencha

Fluevog doesn't make the teapot family anymore, which is a shame, but I'm glad I snagged a pair when I could. 

Tomorrow we're in for some more snow. Might be a trouser day.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh that dress is beautiful. It's like a work of really amazing art, but also still really beautiful as clothing. I love your pairing of the vintage flavored heels. I'm honestly more fond of the teapot heel than the coffee's (which is a bit backwards to my personal preferences in non-shoe form).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is gorgeous and the Senchas are perfect with it. I hate that I missed out of the teapots, they were so cute (and I love tea).

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss this yesterday?? What an amazing dress! It's incredibly beautiful, Megan.

    I have those same shoes in the cherry red colour! I love them so much! There's a woman in Victoria who has the same pair and we occasionally run into each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just catching up on my blog reading and this dress looks beautiful on you! I love the illusion and those shoes really are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belatedly....this dress is beautiful! And you look grand and lovely in it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete