Thursday, February 23, 2012

Positively dotty

It was unseasonably warm today. The temperature is up and down like a yo-yo. (Canadians love talking about the weather - it's our third most popular national pastime after hockey and curling.)




Dress: Mode Merr via Pretty Things Boutique
Sweater: Danier via Value Village
Boots: Bought in Las Vegas
Tights: Hue from Sock it to Me! (I'm actually wearing 2 pairs of tights.)

I really like this dress but it doesn't look quite the same on me as it does on the models on the Mode Merr website. It's a nice comfortable and soft cotton though.

I think I will hem this up about 10cms or so. Its current length is a bit unflattering.

There is a lot of pattern going on in this outfit - fun!


I bought these boots at a tiny store in a mall in Las Vegas. They aren't a particular brand but at the time I'd been trying to find some nice flat riding boots with buckles, and I had to go all the way to Las Vegas to find them.

Unfortunately these darn buckles almost immediately ripped a big hole in these tights. I may have sworn rather loudly when I did that.






My two favourite things - Duran Duran and shoes.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I hate when buckles do that! I have black flat riding boots with one buckle on the calf and they have done the exact same thing!

    I like the dress very much - I think it will look good at knee length. It's a bit much otherwise (and you have good legs - show them off!).

    I so can't wear this shade of grey, but I love it on others. Lovely mix, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layered tights, sorry about the boots! I got rid of a pair of boots that kept snagging everything (my fly london grey ones with the buckles).

    I think the dress will look great right above the knee, the pattern is really fantastic though.

    I have similar coloring to Sheila, and have trouble wearing it too. But it's seriously one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete