Sunday, June 3, 2012

Up, up and away

A local weekly paper is doing a profile of some of the city's "fashion bloggers" next week and I was asked to participate. I was originally hesitant since I haven't told many of my coworkers about my blog but then I thought, "what do I have to hide?" They see me everyday in these outfits so it's not like that's a secret.

The paper asked me for a head shot so I asked my husband if he'd help me out. So yesterday we went to his studio and took a few shots.

Here's one of the ones I liked but wasn't selected. Ultimately, I picked one where I'm not wearing this fascinator because I think they'd end up cropping it out but I thought it was too cute not to share.

He didn't retouch this one but he did for the one I submitted.


The dress is from eShakti. I don't remember who made the fascinator - we got it at a "Gothic Christmas" craft sale last November.

Happy Sunday.

13 comments:

  1. This dress is gorgeous on you. You look great in red.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being part of the paper's blogger profile! So cool. I also had to "come out" as a blogger at work - and you know, people are so into it! I've even featured some of my coworkers on my blog.

    That fasciator is devine, btw. It's a shame it won't be in the paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the photo with us (I hope we get to see the one going into the paper too!). Congrats on being featured, that's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great photo - all the red is very flattering and I love the fascinator (I have a few of my own). Our local paper did a profile of me and two other female bloggers a couple of years back--the media coverage was pretty cool, and it increased my blog traffic for a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you look so lovely! I can't wait to read the article :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chic alors! You are very beautiful. The red suits you. How wonderful that your husband helped out. And how exciting to get this media coverage!! Does the weekly have an online version where I can go read this story. I hope so!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats with the paper article! :) you look beautiful! None of my colleagues know of my blog either, but Im certain you will receive a lof of positive attention afterwards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Congrats on being featured, that is awesome!

    Love the red!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting :)

    You look beautiful. I hope you'll scan or link to the article once published.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful picture! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look amazing, Megan, just beautiful! Please link us up to your local paper so we can read about you!

    Congrats on all the media coverage lately - first Sal at Already Pretty and now the paper! You're gonna be a star, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely red dress, pretty headpiece, and you look fabulous!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely Lady in Red!

    I want an eShakti dress more than ever now...lol.

    ReplyDelete