Monday, January 28, 2013

Grellow and Burgundy

I'm BAAACCCKKKK!  I had a nice time off and was able to relax after a bit of a stressful time at work. But after being at work for about 20 minutes today all that rejuvenation disappeared.  Isn't that always the way?


Dress: Joe Fresh
Cardigan: Joe Fresh
Belt: Smart Set
Tights: ?
Shoes: Fluevog Writes | Simone (last worn here)

Both this dress and cardigan cost $10! Bargain!

I broke out of my comfort zone with this outfit. Normally I would have stuck with green or yellow accents for this dress but I through the burgundy was an interesting addition.

I didn't try the dress on before buying it. It's a medium which is what I would normally wear but I probably could have gotten away with the small. (!) I haven't worn a size small in almost a decade.


This dress has pockets in the front and the zipper goes down the back on the far left which is kinda weird but actually makes it easier to zip and unzip.

I missed blogging. Glad to be back.




13 comments:

  1. I covet those shoes. I've searched high and low for the green version... *sigh*

    The dress is absolutely amazing, and I think the burgundy is a great accent/complement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, nice to see you back! A whole 20 minutes, eh? Well, at least you look spectacular, what a great colour combination, and excellent shoes. I tried on that same dress with its offset zip and funky print - we were almost more twins - but the proportions and colours didn't work on me as beautifully as they do on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dress, and it works well with the burgundy cardi and shoes. I never would have thought of that!

    Coming back to work is a bitch, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute dress! Nice to see you again and thanks for linking up with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! That is a fabulous dress! Hope work isn't too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, you're back! Doesn't take long for the shine of a holiday to get rubbed off, does it?
    Good call with the burgundy, I really like it with the dress, and the shoes are fab. So are the long long legs! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Megan! :) I hope you enjoyed your time off :) I love the combination of yellow, greeen and burgundy, looks outstanding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed you! I hope you had a good relax in the non- virtual world though. I like your pairing of the pattern with burgundy, it is unusual and looks great. You always inspire me to be braver with colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see you back! I do love that color combo.

    Also, your blog has gotten a mention on xoJane.com: http://www.xojane.com/fashion/im-looking-forward-to-40

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the print on the dress! Burgundy is a surprisingly good 'neutral' imo. Welcome back~! I've missed your posts in my feed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit is so mod. Groovy baby. Love it of course.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice! I love that the zipper is on the side! Someone was thinking about sitting in an uncomfortable pew at a church wedding with the zipper digging into your spine when s/he decided on the side zipper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love everything about this! The burgundy is pitch perfect, and the tights ... shoes, of course. Lucky you to have such great legs.
    Nice to meet you, will be back and glad you are!

    ReplyDelete