Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Boring hounds tooth

A delayed post of the March 13th outfit. I didn't get this uploaded until now because yesterday after work I was meeting with a moving company and then after that I went out for dinner. I have a feeling I'll be having a lot of meals with friends over the next week.

Tonight I'm meeting with my lawyer and then spending the evening with a friend packing stuff. Shit just got real, yo.

After all my bravado of "going to pull out all the stops and wear all my craziest clothes" this outfit is BORING. I got this dress in Reykjavik but it really does nothing for me. Why can't I let it go? Because it's red.


Jacket: Origin Unknown
Dress: from Reykjavik (last worn here)
Shirt: from Dynamite (last worn here)
Tights: Anna Sui from Simon in Montreal
Shoes: Steve Madden (last worn here)

I never wear jackets. I've had this for a few years and have worn it probably once. I love hounds tooth. Maybe I thought that would make we wear it.

I'm keeping it though since it has very useful pockets. I'll try to wear it more often!

The only things interesting about this outfit are the tights and shoes.

I got the tights when I went to see Duran Duran in Montreal in October 2011. This is the first time I've put them on. Odd.

I love the print of furniture but I've been at a loss on how to style them.

And finally, I wish I'd worn heels with this outfit but I went with my skull flats.

BORING!


10 comments:

  1. Your outfits are anything but boring. You have the touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing to me how organized and together you are during what is clearly a huge life change, and you've managed to do it while looking gorgeous too. So why not forgive yourself for whatever "boring" you think you've committed? :D Also I adore the skull flats, especially with those tights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must be seeing something different from you, Megan, I like the red dress. The jacket makes it look less of a smock-y shape, and the tights pep everything up a treat! Oh well, maybe they won't make the cut for your packing if you aren't keen...
    You have such a lot to do and organise, I'm amazed you are still posting - and still standing! You have stamina, love! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boring? This is far from boring in my opinion - I love houndstooth, I think it looks great with the red dress and the tights are way too fun. Great look overall I say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I'm wearing houndstooth today! I love the tights, but the dress is kinda meh to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome tights! I personally like the dress. The space-dye effect keeps it interesting, it's a good piece to add really detailed items together. Hardly a boring outfit in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Furniture is the most apropos motif ever! I really like that particular shade of red. As others have said, I don't think it's possible for you to make a boring outfit, but if YOU are bored by it - eh, during times of radical change, a little taste of same-old can sustain momentum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I politely beg to disagree... That outfit is Fabulous and anything but boring! And the red dress - keep it, and work it with open little jackets and cardigans. It has a nice flow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dress is great and nicely assessorized. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You may think that the outfit is boring, but it's way more interesting than what most people are wearing...I think the jacket really perks up the dress, and the tights are very cool. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete