Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Spring ahead

I'm not a fan of Daylight Saving Time. I think it's an outmoded model and we should abandon it. I also hate that people call it Daylight SavingS Time (pet peeve). Drives me buggy!

So since we're going to be losing an hour of our lives on Sunday morning, and I think the concept of artificially changing time is stupid, I think my cuckoo clock dress is appropriate. (Then again time itself is subjective so maybe it shouldn't matter what's on the clock. If you want to read a good book about time I recommend Einstein's Dreams by Alan Lightman.)



Cardigan: Pretty Things Boutique (worn multiple times)
Dress: Smoking Lily (last worn here)
Shoes: Fly London

At first this morning I put on a purple cardigan but I thought red might be an interesting choice. And I got to wear my new red shoes.


I like them a lot but I think that the wedge between the heel and the ball of the shoe appears to be an after thought. It doesn't bug me enough that I didn't buy them though.


What do you think of daylight saving time? Does it bother you enough to want to move to Saskatchewan or Indiana or another place where there's no time change?

6 comments:

  1. The new shoes are so cute! I didn't realize they even had a wedge at first.

    I'm so-so on DLS. I wish we could just gain an hour all the time, but not so much losing an hour. I live in a state where you can lose an hour just by driving east for a little while though, so yeah... I think we all need a world-time clock. Like Swatch time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that we need to ditch Daylight Saving Time - it's archaic and not needed (farmers? what farmers?) anymore, and dammit, I resent losing an hour in the spring (although I rejoice every fall).

    Love the dress! I have one in that style and really like it. So soft. The shoes are so cool - I didn't realize they had a wedge either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still a farmer! The change is always a pain though, especially the spring-ahead.

    Excellent colour palette, really pretty dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate Daylight Saving Time. Nothing is saved is actually saved. It's ridiculous. No one needs the dratted time change. Kill it. Kill it with fire and sow the fields with salt so it cannot be resurrected, I say

    ReplyDelete
  5. red and purple are yummy together - excellent choice! The time change (fall and spring) always throws me off for days afterwards so I would be happy to see it abolished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I am one of those people. Savings. My pet peeve is punkin for pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete