Monday, November 7, 2011

I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite

Daylight saving time has rolled around again. Whether we lose an hour or gain an hour, the time change still has a big impact on our inner clocks. Even when we fall back an hour our minds and bodies still need time to adjust.  For example, last night I went to bed at 10, which the day before was 11, but I couldn't get to sleep until after midnight. And today, at 11am I was really hungry because my stomach felt it was lunchtime. And tonight, I fell down on the bus when I was trying to get off.

Why do we still follow this archaic time change each spring and fall? I think that Indiana and Saskatchewan (and other places) have it right. Don't mess with time because it will MESS. YOU. UP.

Enough waxing philosophical, what dd I wear today?

November 7

Necklace: Fireworks (local store)
Sweater: knit by me (pattern Cria by Ysolda Teague)
Blouse: remixed (Club Monaco)
Skirt: Alexander McQueen via eBay
Tights: Joe Fresh
Shoes: remixed (Chie Mihara)


Cute and colourful after the last week's Ode to Black and White.









I knit this sweater. It took me a long time because it wasn't the most exciting knit in the world, but the final product is nice and it has pockets. In this picture the pockets contain tissues.

Yarn: Classic Elite Magnolia
Pattern: Cria by Ysolda Teague

I like the little puffy sleeves.

I added a few quirky badges. (does calling them quirky make me lose street cred?)

The one on the left is a Duran Duran badge (natch) and the other is a Fluevog badge that says "No, You're Weird". Totally things that a Middle Manager in government should be wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment