Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dancing on the Valentine

Back into the grove of things today. Spent the morning in two meetings and the afternoon on a conference call which made the day pass very quickly.

I'm not a big celebrator of Valentine's Day but I'm also not a hater. So I didn't wear a lot of pink/red today but my shirt does have a heart on it (and the word "heart") so I subtly honoured the day.



Top: gift from my husband from a trip he made to LA.  It's says "Frida in my heart" on the front.

Skirt: Pretty Things Boutique

Shoes: Fluevog Blind Faith Mid Corey (from San Francisco)



I've had this shirt for a few years but I've never worn it to work before and it made a bit of a splash. My coworker wanted to know if I "knit" the sleeves for this shirt. The answer is no, and I didn't crochet them either - the shirt came with this granny square sleeves.

It did have fringe at the wrists but I cut that off because it was driving me crazy. It looks much better without it anyway.














I almost like the back of the shirt more than the front. Funky retro ovals in orange, black and grey.

The skirt is just a plain black pencil skirt which is probably the most versatile garment to have in your closet. It can be casual, dressy, funky, retro, modern...anything you want.

I last wore these shoes in November. See, I do repeat shoes every once in a while.













Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. What a spectacular shirt! I love the granny square sleeves, the funk design on the front/back (reminds me of Desigual). I used to make giant granny square pillows and afghans back in the day - I was a crocheting machine!

    I have so many black skirts that I don't think I actually have a plain black pencil skirt anymore. They all have some weird or cool detail on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top is really cute, and the sleeves are really unique. It does remind me of desigual stuff with the mix of prints, patterns, and materials.

    I only have one black skirt and it's leather!

    I'm not a big V-day celebrator either. Just another day.

    ReplyDelete