Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Alice in Wonderland or 1950s housewife

Today I went for a Mad Men 1950s housewife look.



Dress: Shabby Apple
Skirt worn as petticoat: Smart Set
Shoes: Fluevog Wonders | Ayers
Hosiery: Urban Outfitters

One coworker said I looked like Alice in Wonderland and another said I looked more like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz (minus the red shoes).

Those descriptions are probably better than my original thought. Certainly Alice was a strong female character.

This photo is an attempt to show the back of the tights. The tights are polka dotted but have a lacy stripe up the back.

I saw some Urban Outfitters tights on another blog (Sunday Crossbow) and loved them but I seem to have ordered a different design. That's what happens when you try to buy something online on impulse. Oh well. They're still pretty.







This is the other pair of Fluevogs that I got in NYC. I tried on a pair of these in May in Vancouver but ultimately didn't buy them. This time I couldn't leave them behind. It doesn't even feel like I'm walking in heels. Soooo comfortable.







I just finished watching the finale for the Walking Dead. I have two observations that won't give anything away. 1. They never seem to miss when shooting at the walkers - even those who have no experience shooting a hand gun and 2. They never run out of ammunition.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love this outfit, especially with your new shoes. I guess you'll be having those new-fangled TV dinners for supper tonight in front of your Zenith colour TV set. Or will that be meatloaf? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress does have that whimsical retro look. I love the buttons and the Fluevogs!

    Sorry bout the tights. I had a similar thing happen, I ordered some crochet tights from Sockdreams, but the color was pretty much dark brown instead of burgundy (tag said burgundy though, so I kept 'em). I still think your tights are cute and fun. Thanks for showing detail pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress, and the shoes a crazy gorgeous.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your dress! It looks really pretty on you and it's one of my favorite patterns! Those shoes are super awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are a pair that I've been eyeing. So cute!

    I like the way the dress buttons up - nice collar on it as well.

    I agree on the shooting, however, they have shown them doing target practice, and we have to assume that's happening off-screen, but yeah, what's up with all the ammo??

    I'm stoked about Michonne! She is my favourite WD character from the GNs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a recent discoverer of Vog Addiction, I am so jealous of your lovely new shoes. I love the retro dress, and while I know those hose weren't your intended purchase, they are still super-cool.

    ReplyDelete