Friday, August 24, 2012

Will work for shoes

Today I wore something truly radical and crazy. You won't believe your eyes.

Jeans....

and a....

t-shirt!  *GASP*


ERMAGHERD JERNS!


T-shirt: Le Chateau about 10 years ago for about $5.00
Jeans: Bootlegger
Shoes: Alexander McQueen (last worn here)

Ok, so I wore my funkiest sandals but I'm well and truly proving that I'm on vacation.

This t-shirt is a wee bit snug but I was just going to the hair salon so I thought I could get away with it.

I was wearing a belt earlier so the jeans were  not as low slung as they look here.

Tomorrow I might go back to being my regular, overdressed self. =)

In other news, one of my favourite bloggers, Melanie, honoured me with a Leibster award.


As a reigning awardee I must perform my duties thusly.

Answer Melanie's 11 questions:

1. On a desert island, which would you choose, a pocket knife or a solar-powered e-reader?
Pocket knife. An e-reader can't help you cut and stab things. Plus I prefer regular books.
 
2. As one of 27 island castaways, what would be your job: hut-builder, chef, caregiver, tailor, banker, other?
Tailor. My friend says that in a Zombie apocalypse my crafting and knitting skills will be in high demand.
3. Would you like some fries with that?
Would I!
4. What's the meaning of life (in ten words or less)? 
Live or die trying
5. Zip-lining in a rain forest, deep sea fishing in the Bahamas, or spelunking in Brunei?
Spelunking. Rain forests have to many bugs and I don't really like fishing.
6. What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?
The Exorcist. I ran outside screaming at one point.
7. One night of guilt-free lust, who with: Prince Charles, Steve Buscemi, Mister Ed (a talking palomino horse from a 1960s American sitcom by the same name), Portia de Rossi?
Steve Buscemi. I've <3'ed him forever.
8. What's your favourite flower?
Poppy
9. Do you ever dream that your teeth are falling out?
No, but I often dream about not being able to find a clean or private bathroom.
10. Which is your favourite: mice, spiders or snakes?
Mice. I loves me some furry critters.
11. Which way is north?
Up.

Write 11 facts about myself:

1. I use humour to cover my true feelings. Also, I'm HILAROUS!
2. It takes a lot to embarrass me.
3. I own a very funky bicycle that I've only ridden twice in 3 years. Shameful really.
4. I haven't had a cup of coffee since 1995. I drank a lot of coffee in University and when I got my first job they had terrible coffee. I was spending too much money at Tim Horton's so I switched to tea and never picked up the habit again. I do drink buckets of Coke Zero though.
5. I am an atheist and have never really had any religious inclinations.
6. Rhubarb is one of my favourite foods.
7. If there is nothing on TV I want to watch, I will watch sports (except baseball and basketball)
8. I'm addicted to Hidden Object games and Angry Birds that I play on my iPad.
9. When I go out for breakfast, I order the exact same thing every time. Even if I go two days in a row.
10. If I find money in my husband's pockets when I'm doing laundry, I keep it!
11. I believe if you enjoy spending time on-line then you should do it and not apologize or try to limit your time in the virtual world.

Name 11 Nominees:

1. Colour Makes People
2. Dividing Moments
3. Fashion at Forty
4. Secret Squirrel
5. For Show
6. Jean of All Trades
7. Kate a la Mode
8. Sartorial Sidelines
9. Smiles Go with Everything
10. Bethie the Boo
11. High Socks

Ask the new awardees 11 new questions: 


1. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had it?
2. Do you currently have all your organs?
3. For a pet, would you rather have a crow, a fringed lizard, or a taxidermized wolf?
4. Slips - yes or no?
5. If you could hire one of the following for one year which would you hire? House cleaner, personal chef, massage therapist
6. Fruit pie, cream pie or cheesecake?
7. If you were on Jeopardy and got the Daily Double, would make it a true daily double?
8. Did you ever wear braces? If yes, are your teeth still straight?
9. Favourite decade - 1970s, 1980s, or 2000s?
10. Do you prefer routine or variety?
11. Do you sleep with your bedroom door open or closed?

Whew! This took a few hours to do!

To recap, here are the rules:

1. The new nominee must post 11 things about him/herself.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the person who gave you the award.
3. Choose 11 new nominees and link them in your post.
4. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you've nominated.
5. Go and tell them that they've been nominated.
6. No tag back! (I don't really know what this means...so I ignored it.)

12 comments:

  1. Aww, you are so sweet! I love answering survey questions, so I can't wait to answer yours!!

    And your shirt is crazy awesome. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute casual look. I love the tee shirt! Your refreshed 'do came out great.

    I don't think I've ever eaten rhubarb, how do you eat it? I haven't had a pepsi in over 12 years. I decided in my tweens that Coca-cola was the only acceptable soda and stuck to it for over a decade.

    (Btw did you ever receive your obi belt?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your answers! A zombie apocalypse and a desert island are pretty similar. In your facts I laughed about you keeping the change, and rhubarb is a fave for me too. Your questions are really fun. Thanks for doing this - the duties are indeed onerous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Thanks for nominating me, I'll answer them post haste... can you clarify #7? I think there might be a typo / word missing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That IS a change for you (would be for me too) and you look great!
    I have those.bathroom dreams too, I am with you on the use of humour, the atheism, rhubarb, keeping the change (finders keepers) and the tea love.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear friend we have so much in comon, lol.I knew all along, yeahhhhhhhhhhh
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for nominating me! I have posted questions and answers :-) hope youare enjoying your holiday time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so beautiful in this pants! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the nomination. Very much appreciated:))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, that's the reaction I get every time I wear jeans!

    I enjoyed reading both your answers and questions. Thanks for the nomination - I'll work on mine this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been incredibly entertaining reading the responses from the people to whom Melanie gave a Leibster Award! The questions you created are brilliant. I think you look damn cute in the jeans and t-shirt, which I have been known to wear on occasion as well, but you did wear them with fabulicious sandals and not *gasp*, the dreaded "flip flop".

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa! Did I ever drop the ball. I remember thinking it was awesome of you to nominate me and then I never got around to a) thanking you and b) blogging about this. Ever have that nagging feeling you've forgotten to do something? Sorry about that! I'm writing a post now!

    ReplyDelete