Friday, October 12, 2012

Fab or Fug?


I think I'm falling out of love with this tunic. Or maybe it's just because it doesn't really work with this combination. The tunic is very stiff while the skirt is very soft and has a nice flow and drape.


Tunic: americanretro from Crimson and Clover (last worn here)
Skirt: H&M
Boots: bought in Las Vegas (last worn here)

I bought this skirt to wear to one of the Duran Duran shows that were cancelled.  This is the first time I've worn it. It fits better now that I've lost about 10 lbs.

I think I know a top that would be better with this skirt so I'll give this sort of look another try.

All summer I looked for a maxi dress  with a similar print on it as this skirt. I was unsuccessful so this skirt was a close second choice.

Tomorrow night my friend S and I are going to be partaking in Nocturne. Should be a fun night of art and culture (and probably alcohol).

Oh, I have a tattoo consultation later this month.  After I got my cat/boot tattoo I said "no more". Clearly I don't listen to myself very closely.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, I don't know - the combination of the flowy with the stiffer tunic doesn't really work for me, although both pieces are really cute. I like the striped tights!

    Ooh, new tattoo! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a cute print, but something with more structure/shaping would look better I think. Very curious about your next tattoo! I'm too busy shoe shopping to actually pony up the funds for my first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dare I say somewhere in between? I never quite know how honest bloggers want you to be when they ask for an opinion...
    I like both pieces in their own right, but I agree with you that I am less sure about putting them together. I think the skirt deserves to be shown off with a shorter and more fitted top, and likewise the tunic would look great over fitted ankle-length trousers or leggings and boots, maybe. Feel free to completely ignore me, I am no stylist, and you have great instincts without me sticking my two penn'oth in!
    Never say never, or "no more"! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, you are no longer in love with that tunic? I think it is WONDERFUL. I'd say put it toward the back of the closet for a while, let it think about what it did to make you unhappy, and then find it again one day and it might lend a whole new perspective. I see possibly with something white underneath. Or red. Or pink. Or yellow. Maybe a pencil or A-line maxi skirt. Maybe a knee-length pencil or A-line. Maybe belted? So many options. I love that tunic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both pieces but think they would go better with other pairings e.g the skirt with a more fitted top etc. both prints are lovely and eyecatching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tunic too! I would be tempted to pair it with a knee-length knife-pleated (or narrow box-pleated) skirt.

    Great boots and striped tights.

    ReplyDelete