Wednesday, April 17, 2013

It's time to begin, isn't it?

It took me a long time to walk home tonight. First because I went into a store on Queen Street that I never would have gone into since the window is full of platform heels and flouncy prom type dresses and discovered that they carry VIVIENNE WESTWOOD clothing and shoes. *thunk* The owner showed me four pairs of heels including these Scarlet heels (which I thought were much more expensive than this).

The other reason it took so long is that I have a blister the size of Cape Breton Island on my right heel.


I'm in significant pain in this photo. I'm surprised my eyes aren't bulging out of my head.

Shirt: Spaksmannsspjarir in Reykjavik (last worn here)
Dress: Smoking Lily (last worn here)
Boots: Fluevog Presence | Intuit (last worn here)

Not really all that exciting. I'm getting really tired off my limited wardrobe and now my move is delayed until next Monday or Tuesday. :( I was hoping to be out of this place by the weekend but it looks like I'll be here and likely being kept awake by the bar downstairs.


I'm holding onto the refrigerator because I'm dying from PAINNNNNN... Poor feets.

On my way home I passed a woman who looked at me suspiciously. A minute later I heard someone behind me holler at me. She was walking back to me and asked "where's a good place to eat around here, someplace hip and funky?"  I didn't want to tell her that I've been here for 3 weeks and so far have eaten at The Golden Turtle Vietnamese place 7 times and at the Lakeview diner about 9 times so I suggested what I thought might be "funky" or "hip".

I did suggest The Saint (i might have called it "The Priest" though)  which I have eaten at so I hope she went there. They have a drink called the Knob Cobbler. o_O

It's 8:30 now. Best do my dishes and tend to my blister. Good evening all.

4 comments:

  1. Get a pair of decent walking shoes! Converse are great! Don't destroy your feet (and your good shoes) by walking all that way in shoes designed for walking around the office.

    Okay, now that I'm done being motherly, I would have swooned right along with you at those Vivienne Westwoods. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sheila, even though it's great you can walk to work, I would find a pair of shoes to use for the walk (and I'm not talking ugly orthopedic ones) to protect your feet, and reduce the wear and tear on your other fabulous shoes. What store was it that had the Vivienne Westwood stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fantastic boots! I've had a hard time finding a decent flat pair with a pointy toe. Alas, as it is going to be 90 degrees here everyday very soon, I'll wait until October.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not suggesting that you buy sneakers/trainers ala Melanie Griffith in Working Girl, but I am sure that YOU can find a suitably funky walking shoe!

    ReplyDelete