Monday, May 6, 2013

Catching up.


I finally have cable and wireless internet! WHOOOOO! Donovan from Rogers is a wizard! He set up the modem fairly quickly but the cable/PRV installation took a little longer. Turns out my TV is a little old and it didn't like the HDMI cable that he was using so he had to jigger something out of regular coaxial cable. I spent most of yesterday getting caught up on Game of Thrones. Go TEAM IMP! :)

I may not have been blogging but I've still been taking outfit photos. This is a long one...

April 22



Dress and belt: Anthropologie (last worn here)
Boots: Cydwoq from Gravity Pope's Toronto store


I bought these boots on a bit of a whim. They were on sale and in my size. I'm not sure about the "furry" uppers and I'm not going to be able to wear them again until fall. I do love the metal heel though.















April 23



Dress: Desigual (last worn here)
Shoes: Hush Puppies (last worn here)

You will see these shoes a lot this week. My feet were a mess from all the walking in bad footwear so I just stuck with these shoes which are very comfortable. Maybe not the best walking shoes but certainly better than what I had been wearing.
























I like this dress but I think I'll be putting it aside for a while. I wore it a lot during the month I was in TO with only a few things. Plus I'm not as comfortable wearing it without tights and it's definitely too warm right now for anything other than bare legs.



























April 24



YAY! "New" clothes!!

Dress: Charlotte Taylor (last worn here)
Shoes: Fly London (last worn here)

This outfit was appreciated by my work mates. I'm not sure if everyone realized they were giant ants but no one said "yuck".



I need to replace this cardigan soon. It has served me well but it's starting to pill and lose its shape.






























April 25



I was glad to be reunited with these striped shoes!

Shirt: Smoking Lily (last worn here)
Belt: from Lut Boutique in Vancouver (last worn here)
Skirt: Chalet (last worn here)
Shoes: Poetic License (last worn here)

I have decided. I hate this belt. I hate the zipper, I hate that it's mostly elastic, I hate how it fits. So I'm going to purge it. Out out damned belt!

I took a back photo but it just showed how wrinkly this skirt gets after a day of sitting. DELETE!
April 26



Here's my "Canada Day" dress. It was starting to get HOT.

Dress: thrifted (last worn here)
Shoes: Franco Sarto (last worn here)

Stripes are big right now. As are asymmetrical hems so even though this is an older dress that I found in a consignment store in Halifax, it feels pretty "current".

True confession time (and a PRO TIP). I had to hold the front closed with a big paperclip. Quite a fantastic improvisation if I do say so myself.


And I quite like the back of this. Whoever designed it was thinking when they matched up those stripes into "consummate Vees".






























April 29



This is a long post. I'm running out of stream.

Cardigan: Knit by me (last worn here)
Dress: forevamore on etsy (last worn here)
Belt: from a store in Winnipeg
Shoes: Hush Puppies (see above)


























I like how the back drapes down.

And fishnets! Whooo!



May 2


Ok, this is the last outfit since I forgot to bring my camera on Friday.

Dress: Thrifted (last worn here)
Leggings: ?
Shoes: Hush Puppies (AGAIN!)

Black two days in a row. Must be feeling dark.

I was wearing my "I believe you have my stapler" Office Space pin. Only 1 person in the office got it.

Ok, my next post with be later today with today's outfit and the opening of the new Fluevog Store!

I apologize for how this post formatted. I messed around with it trying to fix it but I mostly failed.

13 comments:

  1. Missed you! So glad you kept taking pictures along the way. Your style brings a smile to my face each day! And love the hand knit cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cardigans are one of favorite sweaters because it's hip and fashionable. Also, it keeps me warm from cold weather. I love those beautiful pictures.
    Flights to Morocco.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have all your clothes and shoes back again. I really like the ant dress, but it reminds me that I have been battling a serious ant infestation in my kitchen for the past week! I've been gradually packing away the cold weather clothes, Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have been very excited to see your entire wardrobe again. I always find when I'm travelling that I get so sick of picking just from what's in my suitcase.

    Also, I wore two skirts last week that I realized can only be worn with tights. Those definitely got pushed to the side of the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I do love the new Cydwoqs. I still haven't tried a pair of their stiletto heel, the wooden ones are just as comfy as their flats though.

    Very glad to have you back in the blogging world, Megan! And in such an array of dresses and shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been reading without commenting for a while, but I felt it was finally time to say I love your blog! I always feel happy and creative after reading it and seeing the cute ways in which you style your clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray, you are connected up and back in blogging action, Megan!
    And a feast of lovely outfits - the ant dress and the red/white striped dress are favourites, I am rather taken with the furry boots, and you are allowed to wear black 2 days in a row if you do it with fishnets!
    PS. I would have chuckled at your stapler badge! What's wrong with your colleagues?! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very happy to see you back online, and that photos of "missed" outfits were taken. Woohoo to being reunited with wardrobe. Must say my fave is the stripey dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That ant dress is wonderful.

    Getting your clothes back must have been like Christmas.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, well done - massive posts are exhausting to write, much less format. I love all your new outfits! The ant dress really stands out. I had a back-and-forth with a coworker quoting "Office Space" (we actually have a TPS project at work, which gets a lot of jokes about it), but so many people NEED to see that movie.

    Staples work well to hold things together too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic to see you back in action, Megan! I love the furry Cydwoqs and all of the stripey goodness, congrats on being reunited with your stuff.

    At my previous workplace, I gave the most coveted Kris Kringle gift, which was a package of pens, and had to wait til the receptionist retired to get a stapler of my own (snagged it off her desk). Office Space FTW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back to the interwebs.

    How have I just now noticed your formidable collection of great cult-y shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  13. so glad to see you rocking fabulous outfits!, so many pretty shoes and amazing prints, love that ants dress!
    welcome back!!
    besos

    ReplyDelete